Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Yesterday my blog rolled over 10,000 page views.  I think that is awesome!  Not a baby blog anymore!

I'd love to get out and see all the green shirts and clover hairdos today.  I tried out this clover style from Adopt A 'Do (you've probably seen this one if you did a Google search--it's all over the place).  I had some trouble keeping the clover leaves from sticking out, though.  I thought that maybe using a thinner hairband on the pony tail would help that, so I tried a skinny one.  It didn't solve the problem, though.  I used a lot of bobby pins, and it turned out okay, but if I tried again, I think I'd put in a thick hairband at the pony tail then tuck the tails from under the clover leaves into the same hairband.  I don't know if that would work because it might turn the tail in toward the head.  Starting with an upside down pull-through could solve that.  Another idea to try: instead of wrapping the hairband just around the two twists, wrap it around the twists and the base where the petal comes out of the ponytail.  You'd have three bands showing, then a fourth to put them all together.  You'd want to be sure to hide all that with a big bow.

I didn't get a picture, so I'll see if I can get one after school.
 . . . . .
Okay, that hairstyle came home looking like a mess.  The tail was too heavy, and the bobby pins didn't stand a chance.  No use taking a picture with it looking like that.  Better try something like I said above next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment